3.0
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

Upon arrival to this store there was a line of people to the door. The folks in front of us went to another place.

Observed that many tables were not cleared and no waitress was concerned about clearing them. Finally reached the front of the line and asked for a table for two. (It was one of the few that had been cleared.) The place was actually only 1/2 full of people the whole time we were there. Our waitress was fast to arrive and we gave our order immediately.

The food was slow to arrive however. The floors were slippery throughout and the black partition between the wait staff and customer area was covered with food particles and greasy fingerprints. (Sun was shining on it). The ketchup bottle was filthy around the outside and was empty.

Went to pay the bill and had to wait for 15 minutes for service.... there was one person ahead of me which is why I went before we were completely done. From watching that area I could see that I had better get in line when it was short. When the man before me was checked out I went to hand my ticket to the waitress and she said "I'll be right back - I have to enter this order." After entering the order she went behind the black wall partition to make three coke orders.

When she finished them she finally returned to take my ticket. When I finally returned to cold food, my wife asked me if I had left the restaurant or what??? Like where had I been? She was in a booth for two facing the restrooms so she couldn't see what had happened.

While we ate a young man ran there was no tomorrow to start clearing the table trash all over the restaurant. He was efficient but there was more than 1/2 the restaurant tables to clear. We have eaten here in the past and swore we would not return for most all of the same reasons as above. Since 3 months had gone by we decided to give the place another try.

Things have obviously not changed. Our waitress (NEVA O) was fine. The place needs a thorough cleaning - top to bottom.

You need a checkout person at the register. The waitress who finally manned the register part time, was doing several jobs at the same time and that did NOT include clearing tables.

Review about: Steak N Shake Sanitary Conditions.

Reason of review: Unsanitary conditions and more.

Preferred solution: Let us know when staffing issues and unsanitary conditions are fixed (email) and we'll try again.

Comments

Just from your story I can tell that the busser went on lunch break. That the waitress was having to cover taking orders and paying customers and everything else.

to Anonymous #1451790

Hmmm - nope - there were four waitresses and none were too anxious to clear tables for a 1/3 full table activity.