4.0

We have three people in our family with birthdays within two weeks, so Grandma and Grandpa always take us all out for a combined birthday dinner.We arrived at the restaurant at 4:30 and put our name in for a table of eight.

They told us that it would be a half an hour wait, we said no problem. There were two other large groups and the dimwits running the restaurant set the group of ten in the last row of tables, and the group of six in the middle row and a group of four in the first row of tables. The six and four were offset, so there was an open four and an open six, if they would have sat the six and four in the same row a whole row would have been open and we could have been seated! The other groups were waiting too so it isn't as if they were already seated, apparently S&S employees can't do simple math (evidenced by our convo later w/the manager).

After 55 minutes they came up to us and did not apologize or try to explain, the waitress just said we can split you into two booths ok? No, that is not our idea of a family dinner. So we left and went to IHOP (which was wonderful, go there instead). Before we went in to IHOP we called and asked for the manager at S&S, who could not seem to grasp what was going on, we kept telling him we were there waiting almost an hour and the waitress was rude when asking us about splitting and then huffy when we wouldn't, he kept saying to us, "so you were here a half and hour", we had to tell him 'an hour' four times!

He told us he would check with his staff and find out what happened?!?!? Um you don't believe us? OK, then.

He said he would call us back and then didn't.Horrible experience, S&S is off my list, I will take my money to Culvers or IHOP next time I want a burger and fries!!!

Review about: Steak N Shake Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: We went elsewhere to eat.

I didn't like: Poor treatment from staff, Manager could not grasp what we were complaining about, Manager then pretty much told us we were not telling the truth.

Had an Experience with Steak N Shake?

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #1310881

You went to Steak 'n Shake to celebrates someone's birthday. Let's talk about how you treat your family on special days by taking them to such a *** place