Steak N Shake - False Advertising on New Cheddar Cheesy

Yesterday, I ate at the Steak N' Shake in Garfield Heights, Ohio.After seeing the advertising of the New Cheddar Cheesy Double Steakburger, I could not wait to try one.

I love cheese!!! I even joked with the waitress, "This better look as good as the picture!"

Holy Cow, there was less cheese on this than a McDonald's single cheeseburger! And instead of chopped tomatoes, lettuce onions and mustard, it was served with a slice of tomato with no onions or mustard.

I have witnessed my share of false advertising, but this had to be the worst ever!Very disappointed (see photo comparison).

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
First Born Triplet

Sep 21 #1216062 Ontario, Canada

If all the food looked the same as they did in ads we would be overweight and die of a heart attack before we turn 40 so be glad this is false advertising. But they should have at least put the min ingredients in, and if they did not you should have sent it back and asked them to remake it or give a discount.

2 0 Reply

Sep 16 #1213562

What they served you looks disgusting. They should know better. A quality server would never let that plate go out to a table. I would have sent it back, and left. As for others saying you should have spoke up, or that you're foolish to think it will look like the ad, ignore the haters, they're bed wetters living in mommy's basement and this is what they do for fun. They don't have $20 to go out to eat so they're jealous. Mommy's ramen is their dinner. Hey losers, if you add some hot sauce and vegetables to your ramen it almost tastes like someone loves you. Almost.

0 4 Reply

Sep 16 #1213680 Waltham, Massachusetts

I am not a bed wetter, and apparently you lack reading comprenhension. She did not give them a chance to correct their mistake by speaking. I don't live in mommy's basement, and I am not jealous of some timid person that cannot speak up for themselves. I eat more than ramon. You are the one acting immature grow up.

2 0 Reply

Sep 14 #1212672 Bristol, Tennessee

Same thing happened to me in Bristol, TN. Pathetic.

Sep 12 #1211652

but really, you thought it was going to look as good as the ad....hahahaha

2 3 Reply

Sep 13 #1212198 Amsterdam, North Holland

Let's be honest here, chucklebutt, the reality is not even close. If you were able to read, you would have comprehended their sandwich was also missing key ingredients!

1 2 Reply

Sep 14 #1212743 Waltham, Massachusetts

No need to get rude, this person caused her own problems by not speaking up. I guess you are seeing things that are not there, because no where did it say she spoke up. But yeah food is never as good as it looks on ads. Anyone over five knows this.

1 1 Reply

Sep 14 #1212745 Waltham, Massachusetts

Also she looks old enough to speak up for herself without mommy there to do so, so she did not speak up and they did not get a chance to fix the ingredient problem.

Sep 16 #1213607

By any chance, is this Kevin Richards? Because you sound about as smart as him. And by smart, I mean stup*d as a bag of rocks.

0 0

Sep 16 #1213558

And you must have tire tracks all over your back from lying down and taking it.

1 1 Reply

Sep 12 #1211644

Steak n Shake has the worst rep currently of any chain restaurant in the U.S.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Steak N Shake. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Steak N Shake.
Filing a new complaint about