Michael F Nzc

Took my money

Paid for my order and never got it. And the employees didn't give a *** and I basically got robbed at your *** location near the braves stadium. Walked out and will never come back. So un organized of a franchise.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away from the location near the braves stadium across the street.

Cyntheria H Xey

| map-marker Phanom Sarakham, Chachoengsao Province

Food served raw

Steak N Shake - Food served raw
My burger was raw and the store nor corporate has responded to my message via social media ..after 3 days of calling the store they never answers the phone..terrible .. where did the caring people go?
Pros:
  • Had excellent cust service but there has been a change
Cons:
  • Communications the cust service has dropped

Preferred solution: A refund replacement for the raw food served and replacement I travel many miles and cannot travel like that everyday

Amanda K Tgf

| map-marker Greenfield, Indiana

Bad experience

Yesterday evening I went to the Steak n shake in Greenfield, Indiana. I went in the drive thru waiting on my food and this polite young gentlemen hands me my drinks and was so respectful the entire time.

He then asks what we ordered so we can what we are waiting on then not even a second later another girl comes up and asks the same thing what are you waiting on? but had the biggest attitude ever for no reason. But still we say what we are waiting on. She then is throwing stuff around the kitchen, rolling her eyes at us, throwing stuff in our bag which then the fries are were there, the fries container were bent, and then we say have a good day then she slams the window closed.

There was no reason to be disrespectful. I went inside and asked why she slammed in and she still had an attitude and say that it always slams. But that gentlemen we had when he closed it it didnt slam. There are terrible reviews on this place already, containing the people and the service.

This isnt the first time shes acted like this. Her name is Autumn and she told me shes the manager.

Pros:
  • Good food sometimes
Cons:
  • Rude staff
  • Long waits
  • Terrible service

Preferred solution: Her fired. or an apology would be awesome as well.

Jerry B Xgp

| map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Need my money back $34.18

Steak N Shake - Need my money back $34.18
Kiosk made a mistake $34.18 and over charged my account, on March 13, 2024 and i have not received my refund,

User's recommendation: Check the Kiosk carefully it makes mistakes

Steak N Shake - Very BAD ORDER - Image 3
Steak N Shake - Very BAD ORDER - Image 4

I tried feedback 2 days ago but not even a response

3509 98 N Lakeland FL store

I had an order delivered by Uber yesterday 9/12/23. Being honest some of the order was great.

But I ordered a garlic steak burger with extra garlic sauce as I always do. I usually receive an extra cup or a nice amount on the burger. I really love the sauce. But this burger was absolutely drenched in sauce to the point of being sopping wet and drowning that it was literally seeping out of wrapper.

I couldn't even pick it up without having to wash my hands after just picking it up. So as you can imagine this made the bun extremely soggy and very very salty. I love these burgers and order frequently. I took pictures.

I ended up throwing away after 1 attempted bite. Couldn't even give to my dogs due to saltiness.

For the price of the combo I shouldn't have had to throw the main part away and would like someone to contact me please. Thank you

User's recommendation: Don't order extra garlic sauce

Dixon Wny
map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Terrible food

Ordered butter burger when it came the meat was in 3 thin pieces and a big Pat of butter on top of the broken patty. Could eat burger because when went to take a bite a piece of the burger fell off and got butter instead of meat. No one to complain to and people said their orders are always wrong

User's recommendation: Don’t go

Carma Ipz

| map-marker Akron, Ohio

Paycheck stubs

I need a copy of my paycheck stubs. Start day, end day. All I get are problems trying to get it. I was there 2 weeks. May I have my info, please? This is Debbie Lacy.
Dell P Oaa

| map-marker Cleveland, Ohio

I specifically ordered onion rings for my 3 meal deals and was charged for the subsution. Not only was my order wrong, but everything was greasy but it was also cold.

Did not get what I paid for. Rude workers and lousy food! Dining room nasty and food and grease everywhere

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else!

Sam O Bfu
map-marker Franklin, Tennessee

Very Poor Decision Making and Service

Now at Steak 'n Shake, if you want to fill a cup with the drink you paid for, you have to scan a bar code to get the machine to work!! Their reasoning, keep people from taking a cup and filling it with a drink and not pay.

Makes sense you don't want to loose money, but why didn't they simply turn the cup holder around away from customers reach and hand cup to the person who ordered it when they hand out their burger.

You may be thinking this is not that big of a deal, but it is a total disregard for seniors who have the lack of facility with technology when it is totally unnecessary. I saw several couples try to get their drinks with no success and no staff assistance, no signs on how to do it. The company has basically has gone looking for a problem that did not need a solution and created a solution that has created a bigger problem.

Besides it being difficult, after a couple of refills in a small cup, the bar code stops working. I like their burgers, but there are good ones, and even better ones elsewhere that are customer centric, and they don't place technical barriers to their product!

Pros:
  • Good burgers
Cons:
  • Pros not good enough to make up for their bad customer treatment

Preferred solution: Get rid of the scanning process to get your drink!

User's recommendation: Go to a better burger place

Guest

Millions of seniors every day operate self checkouts everywhere. They do whole grocery orders. I think the vast majority can handle one barcode on a cup.

Guest

You actually discovered the reason for the barcode and don’t even realize it. Your small cup barcode stopped working when you were going to surpass the total volume of a medium drink.

If you wanted more than a medium, order one and you’ll get a refill.

The company figured out that scammers were buying a small and getting unlimited refills. The people that can’t figure it out are not in their target demographic anyway.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2484717

I bought a large, and any where else regardless of the size drink you buy there are free refills at burger places!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2484734

“Besides it being difficult, after a few refills in a small cup it stops working.”....those are YOUR words in the above post. And you are not anywhere else.

Where you are is a place that has barcodes on the cup and it sounds like there are limits. If you don’t like it go “anywhere else.”

View more comments (3)
Lekesia J

| map-marker Orange Park, Florida

Poor customer service experience

Steak N Shake - Poor customer service experience
Updated by user Nov 21, 2023

The burger had so many onions on it and very sloppy.

Original review Nov 21, 2023
I was in drive thru on 11/21/2023 bout 3:15 today I order 3 meals when I pulled to window Donate was very rude and loud laughing over the food and stated oh they hungry they order all of this food the manager Jess that was on duty walked pass the window and stated oh look at her face how I was looking other workers started walking pass the window to look at my face reaction because they were very unprofessional and was talking about me, and I'm not please of that I go to this location every other day and never have a problem with my service that new crew that was on shift was very loud and ghetto I don't like the fact that they were laughing at me because I order multiple meals and then was talking about me real loud for me to hear its very unprofessional and rude. The fact that the manager allowed the crew members to speak loud and rude about customers is unacceptable.

The cashier did not provide me a receipt, he balled it up. I order 3 $4 dollar meal and a cup of water.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Have never had a issue until today
Cons:
  • Crew that work today is ghetto

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I want recommend no one to go why that crew is working.

Francois Vdk
map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Butter burger

Steak N Shake - Butter burger
Steak N Shake - Butter burger - Image 2
Steak N Shake - Butter burger - Image 3

I went to steak and shake on my lunch break and placed an order for butter burger and fries. When I opened my burger box it was swimming in butter.

I couldnt eat it. I called numerous times and received no answer. I decided to take pictures when my shift was as over I returned to the restaurant and asked for the manager. I explained the problem.

She told me that corporate says that they are supposed to use 2 ounces of butter on each burger. I asked for a remake. She continued to say she tells everyone this when they order I said no one told me I didnt know. I asked if they could use less butter.

So after she goes in the back shes yelling and complaining saying people need to be aware of how much butter they use before ordering. She ranted the whole time I never said a word.

When I got my new sandwich it was soaked in butter too. A heart attack waiting to happen.

Jerry B Xgp
map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Never got them called the phone number listed and outgoing messages said phone number was no longer in service, said go to their website for help and that was also a waste of time, the kiosk double charged my card for my meal and didnt care , kiosk is a stupid way to treat customers, the business shows it as their never busy

User's recommendation: Stay away

Raynie Jla
map-marker Chicago, Illinois

*** poor customer service

Ordered 2/1: food arrived ice cold, threw it out. Sent request to customer service, big surprise. No response. Ordered 2/2: burgers wrong, missing large coke. Guess what again? No response.

User's recommendation: Do not waste your money

DAVID S Asv

Manager Did Cross Contamination On Video

Steak N Shake - Manager Did Cross Contamination On Video
Steak N Shake - Manager Did Cross Contamination On Video - Image 2

I visited one of your restaurants today for 1 simple double cheeseburger and ended up waiting 40 minutes exactly to receive it. What I saw while the manager was cooking was unacceptable.

You need to retrain the manager and teach him how to not cross-contaminate food. This is totally unacceptable. Yes, I took multiple videos of him pulling out fresh UNCOOKED hamburger meat and slapping it on the grill, patting it down, and then picking up COOKED hamburgers and putting them on the bun and serving them to customers. When cooking raw meats, you MUST use two different spatulas, not one.

My son is complaining now that he feels like he is going to vomit, let's see how that works out. It is my duty to inform the health department of this incident. Which is worse, taking 40 minutes for one burger or making everyone sick because of the manager doesn't know food safety? I am food safety manager certified, and I have owned my own catering business for over 14 years.

Maybe I should step in and retrain him.

I expect a reply to my complaint. I do plan on visiting others to see how they handle their grill and see if they use two spatulas, one for raw and one for cooked meat.

Loss:
Cons:
  • 40 minutes to get one hamburger

User's recommendation: DON'T GO

map-marker Fishers, Indiana

Poor food

Cheeseburger had old lettuce Chili was terrible Wont go there again This was a visit to see if it was better than previous time. It wasnt

User's recommendation: Don’t go there

Anasta S

Verified Buyer

Complaining, like health safety issue and service

Steak N Shake - Complaining, like health safety issue and service

SoI was not told they were out of fries and on the kiosk there was only an option for chili which had no charge extra shown. When I got the receipt I was charge 2 dollars per chili which there were 5 of us.

The floors were nasty my shoes got stuck to the floor. Then when I came up there we were not only missing one of our meals but when I asked for a refund there was no manager I saw to help. The sandwich was not made correct as the receipt showed.

The workers I did see were polite. I then saw the workers take the chili from our plates after we already had it and put it back into the chili pot on the stove.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Polite
Cons:
  • Dirty environment

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not eat here

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article