3.0

Regarding: STEAK N SHAKE 5827 E. 71st Street Indianapolis, IN 46220 Went to this restaurant's drive up window around at 11:39:59 PM on 12/5/16.Ordered chicken fingers.

One car ahead of me. It took a very long time for staff to give them their order. While waiting decided to order shake. Asked if that would be a problem when got up to window.

Young man said no. So ordered shake and asked that it not be topped with whip cream or cherry. He went away from window. I waited for an extremely long time, saw my order of chicken fingers placed on counter near window.

Later saw order of person behind me placed on counter. Young man still had not returned with shake. Waited several minutes longer. He finally shows up with shake.

It has whip cream and cherry on top. I remind him that I requested those be left off. He apologizes and says he'll make it over. I remind him I've already waited a very long time, I'll take it as is.

He tells me, "I think you're really going to like it, Mam." When I get home it tastes and looks like no other shake I've gotten from Steak and Shake. After I try to scrape the whip cream off the top, the consistency is strange. It looks kind of gritty, doesn't taste or look like it has ice cream or whatever is usually used to make it. It taste strange and as if it has a lot of whip cream through out it.

After eating a little I decide perhaps its best to throw it out.

It was a waste of a lot of time and my money. I'll probably not order a shake from that restaurant or even return there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Steak N Shake Drive-through.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Improve and monitor employee service and performance.

I liked: Service and food at this and other s and s in the past.

I didn't like: Did not like quality of shake and slow service on this visit.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 06, 2016.

Comments

offconsumerpissed
Muncie, Indiana, United States #1251175

"Went to this restaurant's drive up window around at 11:39:59 PM"

Yeah. If this story is even true, I am SURE there's no way it was a setup to get free food. Nope....