3.5
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

We are short staffed and trying to get the food out to the customers-that is what I was told by the manager who was on the cook line. I kind of figured that out while waiting 45 minutes for our food.

But I had been standing at the register for 5 minutes according to the big timer at the end of the cook line. NO ONE acknowledged my presence until I asked someone who came to the register area if he could check me out or get someone who could. I can't. That is when the mananger responded from the cook line-we are short staffed and trying to get all this food out to the customers.

I guess I am no longer a customer once I have eaten. At that point I realized that I was apparently going to stand there until ALL the customers had their food so I spoke loud enough for the manager to hear that I was laying my $27 down at the register with my $26.46 bill. I have never been so ignored when all I want to do is pay and leave. This was VERY bad customer service.

I have never had this issue at any other Steak n Shake. There is always someone at the register.

Product or Service Mentioned: Steak N Shake Manager.

Comments

TypicalGoldenLionTamarin

Good for you for laying the money down and calling it out! After my awful experience of waiting an hour, wrong food, bad attitude from the manager I yelled out to a then very full restaurant to the waiter "You're manager has your tip, she can pay you!!!!" I left no tip at all whereas when I get good service I always tip at 20%!!