2.0
Quality of Food

I went for lunch with mom and son. Waitress was very professional, bill came to $15.08 I gave her $20.08 which included the tip.

We proceed to walk outside and the manager felt it necessary to have a waitress ran behind us and shouted if we had payed our bill. I felt so disrespected and embarrassed because we were the only minority's in the restaurant. However even our waitress came outside to apologize.the manager on duty Able did not apologize or even felt it necessary to correct his action.

In today's society discrimination is prominent. I will not spend my hard earned cash at stake and shake ever again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Steak N Shake Manager.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 18, 2016.

Comments

New Windsor, New York, United States #1258248

Disgusting I'll never patronize this business!!!!

to Anonymous Los Angeles, California, United States #1258265

LMAO!!! Some random anonymous stranger on the internet posts what may or may not be a factual story, and now you are never eating there again? Wow, you such a ridiculous person who just wanted something to be outraged about.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1257848

This is not an issue of discrimination, it's an issue of a manager not having all of the facts. He or she should have checked with your waitress.

That said.....dine and dash is becoming incredibly frequent and some places are actually really hurting due to the lost income. It's possible they have had issues and were just being hypervigilant or maybe even a little paranoid.

An apology should have come from the manager along with an explanation, but the discrimination charge is bogus. And yes...I'm a minority.

Wichita, Kansas, United States #1257677

Sorry to hear that that happened to you. It almost sounds like a "What would you do? Just curious what city and state this happened in?

Rudeness and discrimination are two separate things. Are you claiming racism because the manager is not black?

If so, then you are judging him based on HIS skin color and guess what that makes you?! I had a similar incident happen to me at a different restaurant and I was falsely accused by a person who was not the same skin color.

It never occurred to me claim racism, I just figured the guy for an @sshole. I will agree the manager owed you an apology.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States #1257287

were they letting every white person leave without checking they paid? did they say we are only asking this because you are a victim?

I mean minority? this is not discrimination. you're just butt hurt. using this as an example of discrimination is an insult to previous generations of people who have really suffered due to real discrimination.

oh no, they made sure I paid.

waaaaah. seriously, sounds like he was rude but no one cares when you start talking about the color of your skin