2.4
Nutrition Description
Quality of Food

Decided to stop at 1 of 2 local Danville, Il.Steak-n-Shake locations this evening for a relatively quick grab and go supper.

I understand it is a Holiday but, we sat for over an hour for the drive thru because the dining room was overly packed. We placed an order for 2 meals, had to repeat each 3 times, then sat waiting again for another 15 minutes, before getting to the pick up window. I asked to confirm our order again because we had so much trouble getting it placed in the first place. The order was still wrong, we got it corrected, or so we thought.

The correction caused a 3 dollar increase over our originally told total. Understandable here since the order was wrong to begin with. We finally get our order, we look it over to quickly confirm we had everything. 2 sandwiches, 2 fries, 2 cheeses, and 2 drinks.

Got it. Only to get home and Not have the correct sandwiches, the cheese was spicy (nacho), and the fries weren't even cooked through they were still mushy. Now after this review I will say we frequent BOTH of our local restaurants often and have had EXCELLENT FOOD, SERVICE, and Customer Care. Today...today was NOT one of those days.

And listening to others around today we aren't the only ones with issues. To say the least we are incredibly disappointed.

We did try contacting the manager on duty only to be disconnected shortly after being put on hold.Again, it IS a Holiday, and they are completely swamped, we'll try contacting the on duty manager tomorrow as well, hoping for a calmer period of time.

Review about: Steak N Shake Manager.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Steak N Shake?

Comments

It's Thanksgiving and SnS should not have even been opened! Those minimum wage workers (and less, the inside servers make like $2.13) should have been at home with their loved ones,

It's Thanksgiving!!!Short Staffed, probably kids working.

Just be Thankful you can afford food!!!There are a lot of people out there that didn't eat today!

BigAndy79
to Gsimpson #1395367

I wholeheartedly agree, and understand, that it is Thanksgiving, I mentioned that it is a Holiday in my post, and am thankful for being able to take my family out, please, don't get me wrong, that being said, being swamped inside and out can and does have challenges, but, one thing I failed to mention, this visit wasn't during peak business hours.I highly respect service workers for what they do, I travel every day for business and deal with all types.

This was Not a good day all around for this location. I even mentioned having used Both locations numerous times, we are regulars, if I can use that term. We know several wait staff and a few managers, this just wasn't a good visit, and unfortunately they seem to be on a roller coaster of quality and service, etc, and happen to be on a downhill run right now.

Again, yes, I know it's Thanksgiving, but this isn't a 1 time thing.Hence the review.