I went to lunch with my mother and when we first walked in there was a line of people waiting to be checked out (there were 2 people standing at the front registers) we waited patiently to be seated (there were 2 people standing by the "window" where the food comes out talking, there was also 3 people standing and talking by the pop machine who kept looking at us) as we were waiting another 2 couples came in and were waiting as well to be seated. While waiting majority of tables were vacant but the tables and a good portion of the restaurant were very dirty looking, after 5mins we were all still waiting to be seated with employees still staring at us (by now everyone waiting to be seated is very upset that nobody will seat us) and we were ready to walk out.

Finally after about 10mins of waiting we are finally seated but the gentleman who seated us seems very annoyed that he had to stop what he was doing to seat us. I was kind of grossed out sitting there because all the tables were still extremely dirty. The waitress comes and takes our order and she is polite. Then when we go to check out we had a coupon for a free drink with the purchase of any meal and fries at regular price, we present the coupon and the cashier says its only valid towards one drink "that's the limit" (mind you on the coupon it does not specify a "limit quantity) then the cashier gives my mother a highlighter to sign her charge receipt with, a highlighter??

Good thing I had an actual pen in my pocket. That was just my experience today!!! I came in another day for lunch with a coworker and we were paying separate, when we went to go check out even though we each had our own check to show the cashier, he still somehow managed to charge each of us for the others check which was a good $7 difference, then told us what happened AFTER my coworker had paid my bill first and suggested that I just give him money later for it because he could not fix the transaction.

I believe this was the manager as well by the way he was dressed (different than all the other employees) I just have to say that the situation was VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!! I will not be returning to Steak n Shake anymore which is a shame because I really liked the new menu and the new fries, not to mention I would eat there about twice a week.

Product or Service Mentioned: Steak N Shake Cashier.

Comments