Steak N Shake - Wouldn't honer there own advertised price.

326 of 904 Steak N Shake reviews

Took my wife to our local Steak 'n Shake here in Springfield, Il.Store #1201209.

We ordered 2 Snack Pk Stk. while setting there I caught an add about there French Onion Soup on one of there table adds, $2.99 or add $1.75 to any sandwich 'n fries. So I ordered one, not bad. However when I got my bill they charged me the $2.99.

I showed our waitress the advertisement price of the $1.75, she took it to the manager, the manager came back to me and told me it didn't apply to the snack Pk's. Not what the add said I told her.

See picture I posted.It just upset me so here I am posting it and getting it of my chest.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Steak N Shake French Onion Soup
Review category
Fast Food
review #813057

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Steak N Shake? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
326 of 904 Steak N Shake reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 09 #1170688

uh, screw the fine print/snack size BS vs. what constitutes a sandwich under these stipulations--what about the "'n fries" portion? nowhere on your receipt does it state you ordered said necessary fries.
.....yeah. go champ! you tell 'em. over that...$1.00 you're claiming as your monetary loss.

Mar 29 #1135884

Yeah. You really don't have a valid complaint. You ordered a snack pack, not a sandwich. Coupons are about up selling and businesses count on the fact that the profit margin on the sandwich makes up for the loss on the soup. You ordered something that isn't on the menu as a stand alone sandwich and, therefore, doesn't meet the criteria for the coupon. It's your responsibility to inquire as to the deal restrictions before you order. You tried to pull a fast one, or assumed you could guilt them into a discount, and then cropped out the fine print you didn't read (obviously). $3 for French Onion soup and your complaining? You are complaining about $1.24 when it was your error?

Mar 23 #1132948

It clearly says you can add it to any SANDWICH for $1.75, not any snack pack. Sounds like you were hoping to take your wife out for a really cheap date, what with ordering the snack and then trying to get a discounted soup on top of that. Cheapo!

Mar 23 #1132721

Why did you rip off the fine print of the ad ad where it would prove you wrong before taking the picture?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Steak N Shake. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Steak N Shake.
Filing a new complaint about
×